All the ventures we use are accessible friendly and wheelchair friendly. If you have any special requirements or need more accessible Information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Maldon Carnival is happy to offer a Free Essential Companion Ticket at all our events for carers. Please note that some event like Bingo only will only include entry.
Free Essential Companion tickets are only available to disabled people that require them. Offering these free tickets presents a risk of fraud if not handled carefully. That’s why we put measures in place to ensure that this scheme is not abused and will require evidence to support guests’ requests.
Once we have received proof of disability, any existing or future accessible bookings that are part of our verification process made within the next 2 years will be validated. (Please note this is not applicable to every event).
Below is a list of documents we take into consideration when considering to allocate a complimentary ticket.
- *PIP (Personal Independence Payment)
- *A Nimbus Access Card with the +1 symbol
- *Social Services letter – Confirmation in writing from Social Services that the individual is included on their Deaf Register, or a letter or report from an aural specialist confirming that hearing loss has been recorded at 70 – 95 dBHL or worse.
- *War Pensions Mobility allowance
- *Blind or partially sighted registration certificate (BD8 or CVI certificate)
- *A personal letter from the GP, community nurse or social worker